Below is the anticipated timeline for this program. All dates are subject to change.
- August 24 – October 2: Applications open
- October 3 – 14: Submissions reviewed by Community Council
- October 17: Awardees identified
- November 17 from 4:00 – 5:30 pm on Zoom: Education & networking with MFF members. Awardees are invited to a virtual event with the MFF network to share more information about their initiative and engage with tech founders. Awardees are offered a small honorarium for participating in this event.
- November 21: Financial contributions finalized & public announcement
- April 2023: Trailblazer Roundtables. After six months, finalists are invited to join a session with MFF members for an opportunity to share successes, challenges, and lessons so far. If necessary, leaders can use this time to work with the MFF network to solve problems, ideate solutions, do more education, or make specific requests for support.
- October 2023: Check-in calls & storytelling. After 12 months, finalists are encouraged to share what they learned, achieved, and aspects they’re still struggling with. If possible, the MFF network may be able to continue support efforts or collaborate with leaders moving forward.
Applications can be submitted by the online form below (preferred) or by audio message. If you want to nominate a community leader for this award, complete this form and we will send the application directly to the community leader (the nominee will still need to complete the application form below).
View a full version of the application and evaluation rubric here and feel free to join one of our info sessions for more information:
Please contact [email protected] or 313-530-3067 with questions.
The application period has closed. We are no longer accepting applications.