This unique experience is open to all MI-based, high-growth founders seeking leadership growth opportunities, a safe forum to share and discuss real business challenges and goals amongst a group of like-minded peers, and a way to build meaningful connections and a long-lasting support network to lean on throughout your startup journey.
This is an all-inclusive experience at a private B&B on Lake Michigan designed specifically for founders. We will accept 10-12 founders into the August 2023 cohort. For those who apply and are invited to attend, the retreat will be $500 with a 50% discount for MFF Members.
*A limited number of financial scholarships will be available to accepted applicants to support their participation in the program.
Goals of the Founders Retreat:
- Build meaningful relationships and camaraderie
- Share experiences and networks – learn from and with others
- Become invested in each other’s success
- Enhance leadership skills to take the company to the next level
- Establish the connection between business culture, success and community
Participants are required to be present at all retreat activities, which will take place from Wednesday, August 16 at noon through Friday, August 18 at noon. Retreat Activities Include:
- Group breakfasts, lunches and dinners
- A series of 3-4 business and culture workshops over the course of the retreat – led by a professional facilitator and MFF
- Time for founder case studies – exchange and discussion
- Optional exercise/workout activities (such as yoga on the beach) and a group lake activity or vineyard tour
- Free time to explore the local area and enjoy the beach
Retreat attendees will also meet periodically for the subsequent 12 months as a cohort, to continue fellowship with peers and provide space for continued exchange and support.
Click here to read about a recent Founders Retreat and see photos from the experience.
To apply, please complete the application below by July 21st, 2023. Applicants will be notified of their selection to this retreat’s cohort by July 25th. If you have questions, please email: [email protected]
Applications will be evaluated on a few key criteria:
- There is an established team, large addressable market, and scalable business model
- Have secured some level of funding for the company
- Product is in market (and ideally generating revenue)