Future Founder interns will:
- Get hands-on experience working at a Michigan-based startup from May – July/August
- Network and build relationships across the Michigan startup ecosystem
- Learn skills, receive mentorship, and build community with other underrepresented and entrepreneurially-minded students across the state
- Earn at least $15/hour
Startups in Detroit, Ann Arbor, and Grand Rapids are looking to hire interns to work in a hybrid or virtual environment in a variety of roles: analytics, data science, engineering, machine learning, operations, marketing, sales, software engineering and more. If you are interested in VC internships, check out the Michigan Venture Capital Association’s Venture Capital Internship Program here.
Only eligible students can apply. This opportunity is open to students who:
- Identify as part of an underrepresented group in the technology and startup industry. Priority will be given to students who identify with one or more of the following identities:
- Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC)
- Woman, gender non-conforming, or nonbinary
- Are at least 18 years old by May 2022
- Are currently enrolled as a first-time undergraduate degree seeker at a Michigan university or community college
- Are a resident of Michigan (priority to to full-time permanent residents)
- Can work at least 20 hours per week virtually and/or in-person (depending on the hiring company) from May – July/August
- Commit to participating in 60-minute long monthly cohort workshops (March 25, May 5, June 2 and July 7) and take advantage of mentorship opportunities
- Have an interest in growing their career in startups or entrepreneurship
- March 1: Application deadline
- March 9: Student finalists notified
- March 25: ‘Meet the Startups’ Virtual Event and Student Training #1 Effective Interviewing
- April: Finalists interview with companies
- May: Offers made and interns start work
- May – July/August: Mentorship matching, monthly student trainings & drop-in intern cohort meetings
- July: Future Founders Networking Celebration
- August: Internship complete
Have questions or want to learn more? Attend an upcoming Zoom info session:
Contact [email protected] with questions.
Applications are due by March 1 at ll:59 pm.
- To view a PDF version of the full application before submitting on the form below, click here.
- To access the Recommendation Form, click here.
The 2022 application period is now closed.